Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's your typical Canadian Winter

South western Ontario has been receiving a lot of snow lately. If you live in London, ON you know what I mean. Last week we got quite a load of the white stuff, enough to close schools and transit services. We (read Derek) have been shovelling our sidewalk, both at the store and at home way more times than we care to. After a couple of snow free days, it is now again coming down like there is an unlimited supply of the stuff.

I don't like having to deal with snow. I don't like the potential hip breaking fall that may occur, I don't like the insecurity of the car not stopping when I want it to stop, I don't like the cold, I don't like it when the dogs track huge amounts of snow in, thereby necessitating me to wipe all that mess up. And why is it that big dogs love to get up a couple of times through the night just to frolic in the snow. Shae is not my favourite pet these days.

However, here's the thing. A couple of weeks ago before all this snowing started, I was standing in the store looking out the window, and a nostalgic longing welled up in me as I thought about the previous year when I looked out the window and saw all this beautiful snow falling. How pretty it was. How cozy and snug I was standing in our store looking out at this white winter land. It was a longing and an appreciation of the beauty of snow. Not a single thought of inconvenience had entered this thinking. Hmmmmm, is this what manifesting is all about. And if so, I think I know why I am not a multi millionaire as of this moment. Those thoughts about riches are not of the same purity as was the appreciation of the memory I had of the beauty of a snowfall.

And you know, the way the snow lies on the branches of the trees is just absolutely beautiful. This mushy appreciation will probably morph into something else when I have to wade though 4 foot high snowbanks to get to the bus stop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you want me to shovel the path to the bus stop?

gems said...

Buy an original gemstone in gemstoneuniverse, they give the best stones for your rashi, they are the best gems providers in bangalore, for more info click the below links.

price of moonstone in india
blue sapphire stone effects
maheep kapoor jewellery designs
pearl ring in silver which finger to wear