Friday, May 1, 2009

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign

Clever title huh? It's from a song of my teen hood past. I think it's clever. Never mind.

Subtleties were never my forte as I was growing up. I was not an astute observer of life, I guess. My mother used to say I wouldn't notice stuff, unless it jumped up an bit me on the nose, whatever that means.

Anyway, I have become more sensitive to hidden (and not so hidden) messages coming to me. Lately, it's been the mention of Goddess. Case in point -- Maggie (my next door store owner of Earth Angels) lent me some books to read (love that woman). One of them was "Goddesses in older women".

Secondly, I had a strong compulsion to order a Goddess figurine for my store, Moonstone Path. I never had any such strong desire to order Goddess items, other than pendants a long time ago.

Thirdly, a recent customer of mine suggested a book I should read titled "Mysteries of the Dark Moon; the healing power of the dark Goddess".

Methinks that I should become acquainted with the subject of Goddesses. I think there is a lesson somewhere in there for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm ... I haven't really read any goddess books either, except as she pertains to mythology. You'll have to let me know what you think if you read them. :)

Carol said...

will do. Between that and reading up on buddhism, I have lot's of reading to do. Darn. eheh