Friday, November 13, 2009

Facebook

Does repeatedly hitting your husband with his computer keyboard qualify as assault causing bodily harm with the intent to injure or maim, or can it be classed simply as mental self-defence? Or a form of anger management - or tough love? That's what happens when the love-of-your-life asks you for the third time how to "poke" someone on facebook.

I have to keep reminding myself, that hubby is new to facebook, and I have much to teach him. After explaining to him the ridiculously simple steps, he proceeded to ask me again...and...again. I rest my case. After all, when I asked my daughter, Laura, who happened to be messaging me on my Facebook, how to poke she only had to tell me once. Anyhoo, Derek is now happily "poking" everyone.

I consider Facebook's social networking application to be a great way to keep in touch with my children who happen to live out of town, or in the case of my youngest, across town. I don't get to see them as much since they have grown up and moved away to begin their own lives. Facebook keeps me in daily touch with what's happening in their lives. I get to see the friendly banter between them, relishing their warped but screamingly funny sense of humour. I communicated with my son when he was in China, and marvelled at the ease of conversing across such a distance.

Nothing beats actually hangin' out with family and friends, but when that's not possible, facebook fills a need. I have seen my youngest chuckling while she is writing something (probably insulting but very funny) to her brother or sister. I have seen jokes go on an on regarding a seemingly innocuous topic as each sister tries to out-do the other.

Ahhhhh, hubby has just poked me...AGAIN...time to poke him back and I don't mean with facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poke, Poke Poke!!!!

Carol said...

AAArrrgh!!!!