Thursday, April 24, 2008

Learning to Network

Networking is something I haven't done much. Being a shy person, networking seems to be harder than climbing Mount Everest. However, I own a small retail business and online store and I've been told that I need to get my name out there.
Attended my first networking seminar and actually enjoyed it. Still, when it comes to the thought of attending these functions, I can feel my heart beat faster (and not in happy anticipation), and all my self-esteem issues that I thought I had buried in the back-forty of my mind resurface with a vengeance. However, it's time to go beyond my comfort zone and get on with it. I love my business and I want to see it flourish, so if I have to go out and network, so be it. If anybody has any ideas how to attend such functions without breaking out in a clammy nerve-racked sweat, please let me know. By the way, check out my website: http://www.moonstonepath.com I also have a blog there, that relates to the products I sell.

No comments: