Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I have to what?

Had my blood work done recently for my annual checkup (though I use the word annual loosely). Hubby had his done too. Results, his were totally fine. Mine...well I guess I'm low on iron, got a low hemoglobin count etc. That would account for the fact that I have been feeling really tired lately. My doctor wants to find out why my red blood cells are doing a disappearing act so he has recommended a couple of tests for me. #1 was to take stool samples with what looked like popsicle sticks. That was fun. #2 I have to take a barium enema x-ray. Barium and enema are two words I would just as soon not be part of my life. A couple of people I know have been through this ordeal and hinted that it was no day at the beach. yay. I've got to do this on Aug 28th. I'm counting the hours. Since I'm having to go right to the other end of the city from where I live I have been advised to Know Where Available Public Bathrooms Are. I'm probably being a wuss about this, but I really dislike discomfort.

No comments: