Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good Books are Sometimes a Pain

I'm a busy woman (some would say I'm exaggerating but I choose to ignore them). Anyway, I'm a busy woman. I have a store to run (while a lot of fun, still time consuming), I have a blog to maintain, I have a very neglected website to update, I have to deal with this high self-importance I have bestowed upon myself, I have to shrink my head so it will fit through doors, because I have received wonderful compliments about Moonstone Path. Like I said, I'm a busy woman. Kinda hard to squeeze in nap times, but I still manage, of course.

Anyway, with all this work and naps, the last thing I need is a really good book that I can't put down. Some nefarious author of said book (2 actually dammit) gave me her autographed books as I had politely expressed an interest in reading them.

OK, so now I feel obligated to read them. No problem, read a bit now and then, express my appreciation next time I see her and all is well.

The book is of a fantasy genre geared to teenagers and young adults. It is titled "The Princess Pawn", written by Maggie L. Wood. Her second book is "The Princess Mage". I have just started reading The Princess Pawn, I'm on page 18 and I'm hooked. Normally this is not the kind of book I read. I'm more of a Dean Koontz, John Grisham kind of fan. This might change.

Maggie's book got me from the first page. This is a problem. Remember, I'm a busy woman. I have to get things done. Do you know how hard that is to do, when there is a fun-to-read book over there, just taunting you. "You know you want to read me" I can just hear it say. "You know you want to be entertained" "C'mon, you know you want to see what that spunky kid, Willow, will do next". I need a big dose of will power for the next couple of hours so that I can work on the Website. I don't know if I can do it. THAT book is just over there...waiting....NO NO I must do my work.

Thanks a lot Maggie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I do so enjoy corrupting people. ;)