Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Asking your Angels and Guides for help works--really

As I have written previously, I just recently opened a body,mind and spirit shop called Moonstone Path. It's a tiny New Age store with lots of neat things in it. For more details go to www.moonstonepath.com.

Anyway, we opened in Byron, Ontario in January of this year. My clever marketing plan was to open in the slowest retail season possible because it seemed like such a good idea. Actually, a lovely space came up for lease, and since it was available for January, we bit the so-called bullet and plunged in lock, stock and barrel.

I had high hopes coupled with high anxiety for several weeks. Especially when sales were not balancing out the expenses. Very worrisome.

Well, you know how they say that when the student is ready the teachers will appear. It's true, even though, in my case, I didn't really know that I was ready. Maybe desperation means you're ready, I guess.

Rambling on...

I was getting worried financially, and I wasn't feeling that I was making connections with customers. There were some that I felt that way with, but not that many. Where were the long conversations about spirituality, and the laws of the Universe that I so looked forward to?

Well, as it happens, my friend Judy dropped by one day and lent me Sonia Choquette's CD on connecting with your Angels and Spirit Guides. After I got used to Sonia's super perky voice, I found myself really relating to what she was saying. I actually looked forward to my evenings when I could listen to her giving advise on talking to your Angels and Guides.

Then, I began implementing her advice. First in my head, because I felt self-conscious saying it out loud in front of hubby. I said things like "Angels and Guides, I need you front and center to help me with my day. Help me rekindle the joy that being in my little store brings me. Help me make sales and have a wonderful connection with my customers. Joy guides, I need joy today. Smart business guides, I need to make sound purchasing decisions. Angels move through me and speak through me so that I can be of service" and so on.

Bet you know how this story ends. Sales have increased, but more importantly I have met the most amazing people who share my enthusiasm about healing crystals, the law of attraction, help and messages from the other side and all these wonderful things.

We are all connected, us humans, Angels, Spirit Guides, we are all connected through God. It makes sense to me.

By the way, I now talk to my Angels and Guides out loud in front of hubby, and he doesn't give me funny looks or anything. Gotta love that man!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Sonia Choquette CD sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Although, I don't think I'll be saying angel stuff out loud in front of *my* husband. Hee. Hee. ;)

So happy things are going well for you!! I love having your store close by. It's like a little haven. :D

Carol said...

Derek's good with the Angel talk. My kids though still look at me a little funny.

I'm so glad you like the store. It's even more than I had hoped for.

Curious Curandera said...

I just wanted to say I think you have a really interesting blog happening here!

Carol said...

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you wrote, because that gave me a chance to read your blog. Very cool.