Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is my purpose?

I wrote in my last blog about working with a life coach (who was completing the practice part of her training). We discussed my networking fears, how I never have a great answer when asked what does my store sell (it's usually something like this: "We sell...er...crystals...um...and books and ahh...silver jewellery....oh and and statuary, you know Buddhas") Not proud of myself on that. Speaking to my life coach about this issue made me really think what my store was about.

It's about it being an extension of me. I sell healing crystals because I believe they can be useful. Being a skeptic, I don't blindly accept that they can replace conventional medical or psychological care, but I have had enough experience and heard so many stories that I believe with all my heart that crystals have some ability to help us heal be it in little ways or in major ways. It is different for everyone, as we are all unique.

I sell self-help books because they have helped me, and continue to do so.

I sell Buddha's, singing bowls, prayer flags and so on because I have found solace in the Buddhist philosophy.

I sell fairies and fairy doors because it satisfies my whimsical side.

I'm not sure why I sell gargoyles, but I think it's because ancient art has always fascinated me.

Smudging items, native spirituality and the respect for mother earth is profoundly moving.

This is just a sampling of what I sell and why. What it boils down to, is that when I originally conceived this business, it was with the intention to give customers and wanderers different spiritual options without foisting any of my opinions on them. Everyone has the right to choose his/her own path. All paths have meaning to all people.

We all on some level want happiness, security, a meaningful life. Sometimes we have to search for the answer outside ourselves to get to the answer within ourselves. Books, meditation tapes, visual imagery such as statuary, sacred rituals, aromatherapy, conversation and whimsy.

These are the things Moonstone Path offers.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

*It's about it being an extension of me.*

This reminds me of a writing dream I had where a voice inside my head says, "I do not shape the story. It shapes me."

Your store, I think, is much like my story. :)

Carol said...

This is so true. More than a brick and mortar building, this store reflects my own path. I knew you would understand this :D

Anonymous said...

It's your passion, you believe it, you live it. Now believe in the growth of your wonderful store and look to the future.