Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The properties of the Citrine crystal

The reason I chose citrine today is that today I've been feeling rather grumpy. One of those "woe is me, my life sucks, I don't feel inspired, and I'm bored." Did you know that boredom is as bad for our health as stress. So, I'll be carrying a citrine in my pocket today and however long it takes to resume my happily fulfilled self.

Citrine is a stone of joy. It is associated with the solar plexus chakra and the crown chakra. Citrine is said to hold pure sunlight and never to absorb any negativity. As a matter of fact, you can cleanse your other stones by laying them on a citrine cluster. Citrine is also the stone of prosperity, attracting money or business (great stone to have if you're in retail).

To attract wealth place a citrine in the wealth corner of your home or business, which is the farthest back left point from your front door or from the door into an individual room. In my case, at the store it was in the furthest, darkest, most cobwebby corner of the storage room...yeeeesh. But if it helps, it was worth dealing with imaginary (or not so imaginary) spiders.

This happy yellow stone will clear any dark spots at home caused by restless spirits or negative earth energies. Keep citrine crystals in a room that seems cold or unfriendly. This protective stone drives away darkness and night fears and protects against negative people.

Physically citrine stimulates digestion, the spleen and the pancreas.

Citrine is the birthstone for November. Yellow topaz is also accepted as the November birthstone.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I love this sunny stone too! *puts in pocket* :D

Anonymous said...

I'll put one in our bedroom.......I mean it's the farthest place from the door!!!!!