Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ordering coffee at an English Tea-house - is that wrong?

Had a great Canada Day. First Mephostopheles and I went to the St. Jacob's Market near Kitchener and bought all sorts of goodies - fudge, apple fritters, perogies ahhhhh. Then we walked by the river in Stratford, ON and got to see baby ducklings. We finished up the day by a walk on the beach at Port Stanley, ON and I found a small piece of beach glass. Could the day have been any better!!!

Anyway, before our walk by the river, we stopped at a small English tea-house in Shakespeare, ON. They are famous for their scones and devon cream, and, my British hubby wanted me to experience them. I'd never been there so this was to be a real treat. Everything was going well until I ordered coffee. When I eat desert type treats, I prefer coffee to tea. Actually I prefer coffee to tea all the time. I'll drink tea (mint) occasionally, but otherwise coffee it is. Poor Meph. he was mortified. Coffee in an English tea-house! Unthinkable. Now you know that when we actually go to England and we go to a tea-house there, guess what I'll order to drink. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to admit the scones and devon cream with jam were really really good, you, you, coffee drinker you!!
Mephostopheles