Friday, October 3, 2008

Good, good vibrations

OK, some may have noticed that my snarlyness surfaced in yesterday's blog. I was having a grumpy day. So, I put out to the heavens that I'd like some relief from all this angst, and God and the Universe answered me. The first thing to happen was that I had the pleasure of watching Louise Hay's You Can Heal Your Life video. I was expecting a shallow and simplistic rendition a la "The Secret" (yeah, I go back and forth on that one), but what I got instead was a movie that was well put together, that was really uplifting and put hope in my heart. It actually made me cry, but in a good way.

The Second thing to happen, was that I actually followed up on my plans to attend the London Gem and Mineral Society meeting last night. You see, I had planned on doing this for the last six months, but whenever the night arrived (the meeting is the first Thursday of every month) I would either forget about it, or I would decide that I just didn't feel like going (I normally don't like to go anywhere after supper where my evening gassiness might rear it's ugly head). But this time I was bound and determined to go no matter what (kind of like keeping that dentist appointment). I wasn't really looking forward to it, after all the guest speaker was going to talk about trilobites, not one of my major interests, but no matter, I was going and that was that. I can be a real killjoy when it comes to fun outings. I've cancelled a lot of planned events due to my lack of adventure (and I suspect, shyness).

Well, the meeting was really interesting and dare I say it, I had a great time. My husband did too. I was suffused with a joie de vivre that I hadn't experienced in a while. Maybe living like a hermit is not always good. Anyhow, Derek and I are now official members of the London Gem and Mineral Society. I can't wait till the next one where a guest speaker will talk about meteorites (ooooh shiver of anticipation up and down my spine).

If anyone who lives near or in London Ontario is reading this post and interested in attending the next meeting, it will be held at the Sir Frederick Banting High School, Rm 137, 125 Sherwood Forest Square, London Ontario (near Wonderland and Gainsborough Rds). It will be on the first Thursday of the month (except in January). If you have any questions call 519-245-2741 or check out the website @ www.element51.com/lgms.htm

Now, I'm going to write my affirmations like Louise suggested, because I think she is on the right track with the Law of Attraction. As a matter of fact I know she's right. Back in 1999, I started writing affirmations because I was going through a tough time. I had just bought (at a friend's suggestion) her book, You Can Heal Your Life and had finished reading Catherine Ponder's book The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity which really believes in affirmations. I must have filled 2 large notebooks with different affirmations that I wrote 15 times each. At the time I was going through some difficult crap and writing the affirmations over and over was actually calming and meditative. Looking back, I see that a lot of my affirmations came true. I haven't written affirmations for about 3 years now, and you know, I think it's time to pick up that pen again.

No comments: