Thursday, October 2, 2008

If I'm OK, why do I feel so crappy?

Got my blood results back and everything checks out fine. My red blood cells are increasing, my iron level is going up, apparently I'm not going to die just yet. However, I still feel tired, crappy, achy, fuzzy headed and in general, not so good. Is that normal? I am getting long in the tooth. Actually that's a wrong metaphor - long in the tooth (meaning old), my teeth are actually getting shorter since I grind them at night. Anyway, does getting older mean that I'm going to feel crappy the majority of the time? Is that fair? Or should I get a different doctor. I asked him about taking Prozac for 10 (yes) ten years and if I was suffering side effects from taking it so long. He dismissed my worries pretty quick, saying that I was worrying for nothing. I'm thinking of getting a second opinion. Besides, if I'm on Prozac, should I be worrying? Just asking.

Just got done reading a book by Ervin Laszlo called "Quantum Shift in the Global Brain: How the New Scientific Reality Can Change Us and Our World". He says that we are very much on the brink of extinction, that the planet can't sustain us any longer and that it's just a matter of time before life as we know it ends. He goes on to say, that we have to change how we think (ego and materialistic) and become more compassionate for the less fortunate, the starving and homeless. Business has to change it's priority from amassing wealth to functioning in a conscious and environmental way. Governments need to get along and that we all should be very considerate of each other. Sounds like a piece of cake, doesn't it. He makes good points, and I would love to see these wonderful things happen.

But, will terrorists, drug dealers, child and woman abusers and other nasty people in general decide to be more considerate of others. Will religious and political persecution end? Will politicians finally tell the truth? Will business become more environmentally conscious and stop polluting? Will bullies stop bullying? Will forests and farmland be protected? Will bosses stop making employees' lives miserable? Will people stop shooting people in order to win an argument? Will puppy mills cease to exist? Will shoplifters stop buying things without money? Maybe when all our backs are against the wall and we face absolute extinction we will do something about it. We will still be behaving in our best interests (saving our skins), but at least the world will be a better place.

If anybody has an idea about making this world a better place no matter in how small a way, please let me know. I for one am going to do a lot of praying for inspiration.

It's a start.

No comments: