Saturday, January 24, 2009

Self-Promotion

When a friend of mine and I were brainstorming on how to get my business known in the community, she suggested an interview with the newspaper to promote my store. If I had a choice of walking barefoot on hot coals or promoting myself, I would go with the hot coals. I don't know what it is about talking about myself or my business, but I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about it.

I love the product I sell, I love my little shop, and I can rhapsodize about my candles, crystals, singing bowls, scarves, spiritual books when I talk to my friends and customers, but in an interview format, I freeze up. I'm not good at networking either. I also take a lousy picture, and usually those newspaper articles include a picture of the owner. My best side is the one on my profile.

So, bottom line, I'll have to think of another way to make myself and Moonstone Path known to the public. Ahem...Look out London (Ontario) there's a new store in town. Best little body,mind and spirit shop around. Wait, that sounds like the line "Best little whorehouse in Texas" from the movie whose title I don't remember, just that it was a comedy.

Not good.

No comments: